kinda upset about this.

my husband recently bought himself a year membership to a gym. i'm happy for him that he wants to get in shape and lose weight. but i'm kinda upset that he got the membership at a place that doesn't have child care, cause i would have liked to go with him. he knows that i'm unhappy with how i look. and he knows that i've wanted to start going to a gym, and lose this weight i've been carrying around since i had our daughter. i just feel like he was only thinking of himself. he's never really had a problem with his body or how he looked, but he knows that i always have been unhappy with my body, even before pregnancy. i feel like my body is ruined now. and i'm never going to look the way i used to. i just feel like if he knows all this why didn't he pick a place that would allow me to go work out too. maybe i'm think about it too much. i don't know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• If you didn't specifically express an interest in going to the gym with him then I do not see a reason to be upset. Get your own membership to a woman's club that has child care.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:22 AM on May. 13, 2010

• i would be pisse and i would think he did it on purpose
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:22 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Dont stress out if you think he thought about himself only. You should find another gym that has a child care and go with your baby alone if he wants to go alone to the gym then you do the same then he will realize that he did wrong and he should had thought about you 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 13, 2010

• So why don't you get a gym membership too, and you stay with your daughter while he's at the gym, and then he stays with your daughter when you go to the gym. Sounds fair to me..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 13, 2010

• He forgot to make sure the gym had a daycare for your child so you could work out too...Okay, he may not have given that a second thought when he signed up because some men do not think the way women do...If a gym membership is what you want to get your body the way you want it, then go to another gym where there's a daycare and work out.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:30 AM on May. 13, 2010

• maybe he just got it there because there was a special promotion or something like that. i wouldnt be mad at him,he probably just didnt really think about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Of course he only thought of himself, but it wasn't to hurt you. Remember, men can only think of one thing at once and doesn't relate it to other things. Gym=gym, woman=woman. You can't be too upset if you never even told him you wanted to go to the gym and I bet you'd even probably be REALLY upset if he suggested you go.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:36 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I think you should find a gym and leave your daughter at home with him when you go work out. I do think it was short sighted on his part that he didn't bring up you going with him if he does indeed know how you feel. But I would not take the baby to a gym daycare. It won't hurt him to watch her while you go and do your workout.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:45 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I would be upset if my husband spent that kind of money on himself without consulting me first. Any large(r) purchases we discuss before we spend, which is when the conversation about wanting to join as well would have come up. But, knowing that most of those memberships are airtight and he most likely can't get out of it, there's really nothing you can do at this point. Find a gym with childcare that you like, and join up - maybe when it's time to renew he can join the gym where YOU are.

Answer by missanc at 1:06 PM on May. 13, 2010