What solid foods can i give my 7 Month Old Baby?

My daughter eats baby foods already inside the bottle and by spoon but i was wondering what solid foods can i give her she dont have teeth yet but she sucks on stuff i try the puffs and she sucks them and then swallows i give her little bits of mashed potato and she likes it and i give her juice but she hardly drinks. I was wondering if anybody can tell me what solid foods they give their 7 month old for breakfast, lunch and dinner any advice thank you

datmami22

Asked by datmami22 at 11:21 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You never put baby food in the bottle..Thats a choking hazard, a contributer to obesity and just pure laziness...You can give soft mashes stuff like potato, banana, soft peach, avacado, bread pieces etc. Just make sure its soft and in small pieces..
    Anonymous

• I always gave mine whatever was soft that we were eating. Even with no teeth, they use their back gums for chewing so whether or not they have their front teeth makes no difference.

Answer by missanc at 12:56 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I MIX THE BABY FOOD WITH FORMULA IN THE BOTTLE DOCTORS SAY IS FINE THATS NOT HOKING HAZARD UNLESS IS BABY FOOD BY ITSELF IN THE BOTTLE
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 3:09 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree with anon bout the baby food in the bottle..Its just lazy..Why wouldnt you just spoon feed your child? I have never heard a doctor condone that?
    Anonymous

• Putting food in a bottle makes the formula viscous and it can clog the nipple and when the baby sucks hard it can suddenly unclog. I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Give whatever soft fruits and veggies you are eating. The stuff in boxes is processed junk and jarred food is tasteles and over priced. 3 meals a day is not necessary at that age. Food is for fun before 1. So go for the fun and experience. Your baby still has a strong suck reflex and probably still tongue thrusts...both of which indicate that he isn't ready for more than experimentation. Babies who are ready can take food in mouth, move it with their tongue, and chew.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:26 PM on May. 13, 2010

• This is a great website that was suggested to me. www.wholosomebabyfood.com check it out!:0)
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 12:25 AM on May. 14, 2010

• sorry mispelled www.wholesomebabyfood.com
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 12:26 AM on May. 14, 2010

• i only do it like that sometimes i always feed her baby food by spoon i know alot of people that do that and there is nothing wrong with mixing baby food with formula since is the same as when you do cereal with formula in bottles she does both eats by spoon and bottle but more by spoon. i know what im doing with my ddr i just ask what are good solid foods for babies im not her for other people to judge me.
    Anonymous

• Pretty much anything you can mash up works. We started giving our son table foods mashed around then (spices and everything, just keep the salt and sugars down). We tried grinding meat and all kinds of veggies. I was shopping the farmer's market to see what was in season (right now, all kinds of wonderful things are in season!) and I would make him food based on that. But you can try graham crackers, bananas, puffs, anything that will dissolve or mash well.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:16 AM on May. 16, 2010