Father Daughter Dance

Okay, so there is a Father Daughter Dance at the kids' school. Couple questions. When I was a kid, this would have killed me. Broken my heart. My dad wasn't around. Why would they do that to kids?? Second, DH will be out of town. Think they would kick us out if I dressed up as a dad and took them??

Heather_Rayne

Asked by Heather_Rayne at 11:27 AM on May. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol why don't you ask?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 13, 2010

• We have this at our school, but it's called "Girl and her special guy dance". Is there another man who could take your daughter? An uncle or grandfather? Can your husband rearrange his schedule so he'll be there? I think your daughter might feel bad being there with you. They will be dancing. I would really try to change hubby's schedule.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:33 AM on May. 13, 2010

• We live on a Military base and they have Daddy/daughter dances every so often. I kinda feel the same way as you do about them because I feel so bad for the little girls with deployed Daddy's hearing about their friends and thier dad's going while they are dealing with 7-15 months without their dad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 13, 2010

• i know...the other day at my son's pre school they had "muffins with mom"..i felt so sad for the kids whose moms didnt show up. You could see the heartache in their little faces. I'm gonna feel bad though next week because they are having "desert with dad" and my dh isnt going to be able to miss work to be there. I'm only hoping that most dads are in the same position and cant make it either because of work. I don't want my son to be the only one without his dad there =(
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:38 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I wouldnt dress up as a dad. But I would think that in this day and age with sooooo many divorced families they would allow moms, uncles, grandparents, family friends, etc. I would call and let them know the situation.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on May. 13, 2010

• There were no father-daughter dances when
    i was in school or when my kids were in school. I don't like that idea.......they are not necessary. Dances are for unrelated couples .
    Anonymous

• see if she has a friend who is willing to share her dad for the evening. both girls go and dance with the one dad. or maybe you have a family member that can take her
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 1:51 PM on May. 13, 2010