How many of you fit this category?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/05/12/bullying.childhood.obesity/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Asked by older at 11:47 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • My dad was that way to my little sister. She was always hefty and my dad would bully her for being that way. It really effected her self esteem and she has issues even now and she is in her 30's. It is very sad for her. He would apologize after beating her down emotionally and say he was doing it for her own good..Ha! All it did was give her more reason to eat D:
    I was the closest sibling to her and I remember her crying to me about how much it hurt her.
    We definitely do not do that in our home to our kids, no matter what size.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:12 PM on May. 13, 2010

• You have an obese adult child still living at home, so you probably do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 13, 2010

• As a matter of fact, all my children got to see while growing up was healthy meals, for I have been a vegetarian for years, and excercise as a daily routine.

Answer by older at 11:56 AM on May. 13, 2010

• anon, I do not have any child living at home, I have two adults and the one with the weight problem is on her own, shows you how much you know doesn't it.? My daughter was never obese as a child, as a matter of fact she was the skinniest of all three, even at birth, so no sweets, I do not fall in this category.

Answer by older at 11:57 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Goodness NO... Children are a product of their family life. Cook healthy, play together, provide them a loving, stable, and encouraging home and the child can only succeed. That is how I was raised. That is how I raise my children.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:57 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Not us!
    I am 5'4" and 13 weeks pregnant and weigh 117.
    My husband is 6'3" and 200lbs.
    Our son is 3 years old, 36 inches tall and weighs 29.6lbs.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:00 PM on May. 13, 2010

• No, I don't, but I know plenty of people that do.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:06 PM on May. 13, 2010

• anon, I do not have any child living at home,

Really.  A couple of weeks ago you said you had two adult children living at home and you didn't charge them rent.  One was 22 and the other one was older, maybe 26 or so.  

Anonymous

• We don't. We eat decent (yeah junk food is allowed). The kids all enjoy playing outside. For us it's a matter of moderation in all things. They are allowed french fries as well as eating their green beans.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:09 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Oh, I get it. You don't have any children living at home, just two adults that happen to be your children.  Ah!  Maybe they will find work soon and be able to move out. 

Anonymous