Homeschooling and the law

I am from Ohio and forgot to send in the paperwork for my kids to be homeschooled. I was served a summons by a sheriff to appear in court. I took in the paperwork they were requesting and they said I still have to appear. I have had alot going on and it slipped my mind to turn in. I was wondering now that I have turned in all the paperwork if you think I will still get in any trouble? It scares me to think of getting in trouble. I hguess next year I will know to get everything turned in ASAP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on May. 13, 2010 in

• I would check with the Home School Legal Association HSLA. I don't know the laws in your state, and every state is different. Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:39 PM on May. 13, 2010

• It's for reasons like this I'm a member of HSLDA. I've never had to use them, but I like knowing I can call them when something comes up on the legal end of things.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 5:28 PM on May. 13, 2010