would you name your child a name that...

your dh really wants because its in his family and has been for years but you don't want to use the name because you have someone on your side that has the name and you don't want them to think that you are naming the child after them because you really really despise that person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Probably not.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:13 PM on May. 13, 2010

• maybe as a middle name
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:15 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Yes. I would do it for my husband. Who cares what the other person thinks.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:16 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I might, but I'd make sure that everyone knew who the baby was named after. If the despised relative ever made a comment about the baby being named after him/her, I'd say, "What an odd coincidence? I never even thought about you having that name. We named the baby after hubby's_________ becuase he/she is such an important part of our life."
    Anonymous

• If it was what my husband wanted then yes.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:39 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I probably would. If it's important to my husband, and to his family - and I don't HATE the name, then I wouldn't worry about what anyone else thought.

Answer by missanc at 12:54 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I'd make it a Middle Name.
    Anonymous

• Well, its not the same thing but hubby picked our sons name (after his grandfather) and I didnt really like the name (Anthony) but now I cant picture him with a different name and it was very important to his daddy :) BUT I agree with the others I would probably make it a middle name!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:07 PM on May. 13, 2010

• no
    Ronique1989

Answer by Ronique1989 at 3:58 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I am curious why there are SO MANY posts here in which a person will say she eally hates someone in the family or an in-law! Yikes......The only person I hate is someone I worked with 20 years ago in NC and everyone hated her. LOL. but never hated a family member or friend. WHat's up?
    Anonymous