what is wrong with this country when a 34 years old women is a grandma and everyone think it is great?

what is wrong with this country?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on May. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• my mom was a grandmother at 36 but my sister was 19 when she had her son, and she was married...why is that such a big deal?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:18 PM on May. 13, 2010

• maybe it is only wrong in your eyes?? my mom was a grandma when she was 39
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:20 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I don't think everyone thinks it is "great" to be a grandma at 34 but for some, that is the situation. If they had a kid at a young age and then thier child has a child..sure its dissappointing but what are they supposed to do, disown the grandchild?
    My mom had me when she was 15 and I had my first when I was 23 so she was 37 years old when she became a grandma. Did she like it? Heck no! lol. She didn't want my son to call her grandma so he calls her G.C. , short for grandma Connie. She loves him to pieces. She may not have been old enough to have a baby but she did...and I was old enough and she became a grandma..it was just the situation.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:21 PM on May. 13, 2010

• They probably don't think it is great but they have probably come to terms over the 9 months of pregnancy that that's the way things are and they might as well accept them and make the best of it. I made my mom a Grandma at 34 and everyone was less than thrilled in the beginning but very happy in the end.
    Anonymous

• right kimberlyinberea...my mom was 16 when she had my sister but she was married to my dad & they're still together 32 years later, it's not always a bad situation op
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:23 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I personally would be horrified. That would mean my kid would have to have a baby in a year and a half... at age 12...Eeeep!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:24 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Tell me in which cultures around the world in comparison that this doesn't happen and it isn't considered acceptable?
    The reality of the matter is that the society in which we've created may require the capability for financial stability to have a child, something that may NEVER happen because of the way our economic system works.... but human beings were made to reproduce and a female is ready when she starts her mensus... although this isn't socially acceptable in America it is reality of human nature. Maybe it isn't this that is wrong but rather our mindless obsession with knowledge and technology that is causing the downfall of the human race?
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:25 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I'm 37 and I have toddler children. Some of my friends have toddler grandchildren. They deal with it and move on. I don't think any of them think it was the best possible timing of events, but they do all love their grandchildren. I haven't heard anyone say it's great or the way things ought to be. Who is saying this?
    Anonymous

• Oh stop whining, no big deal. Nothing you can do about it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:33 PM on May. 13, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with this country, but there is something wrong with parents that do not adequately povide their hormonal teens with safe sex information.

Answer by older at 12:34 PM on May. 13, 2010