Repost about bleeding gums

Sorry to repost this again, but im getting no help anywhere else. My daughter is 2 and when i brush her teeth her gums bleed really bad, and now if she trys to anything hard she screams and they start bleeding even more. She wont hardly eat as it is, barley drinking, her fever is down for now, and she is acting better but im still worried about her gums. I took her to her dr yesturday, he came in the room, i told him what was going on and he looked in her ears and in her thoat for like 2 seconds, and said oh its a virus let it run its course. I was like you didnt even look at her gums, he didnt seem to think it was a big deal. She also hasnt pooped in 4 days, but she fell off my bed Monday morning, i thought it might be brusing or something like that, but by now i thought it might have stoped a little bit, but they are actually getting worse. Please help me out!

Madilynsmommy27

Asked by Madilynsmommy27 at 12:27 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh my! That's horrible. I don't know what would be causing her gums to bleed like that! Has she always had sensitive gums? Or this is coming with or after an illness? Maybe you need to get a 2nd opinion. If my doctor shoved me out the door like that when I knew something else was wrong, I'd be switching doctors. Sorry this isn't much help, its the best I could do :)
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 2:02 PM on May. 13, 2010

• She has NEVER has sensitive gums, and always liked brushing her teeth, now when i get her toothbrush out she runs out the bathroom crying telling me no! She was sick all last week with a fever as high as 103.9, it didnt go down until sunday and this started happening monday evening-tuesday morning. Oh when i left the drs office i was not happy, i called back and asked for her medicial records to be released that i was finding a new dr. b.c unfortually this isnt the first time this has happened.
    Madilynsmommy27

Answer by Madilynsmommy27 at 2:06 PM on May. 13, 2010

• is it one certain area that is bleeding when you brush or all over ?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:41 PM on May. 13, 2010

• It is bleeding all over, her gums are swollen and red. She has actually started eating more today and is acting half way back to her herself = ) but her gums still dont look normal
    Madilynsmommy27

Answer by Madilynsmommy27 at 5:53 PM on May. 13, 2010