What's an indestructible toy for a 3 year old boy?

I need ideas for my very rambuctious nephew's birthday. He likes typical "boy toys", but he's very hard on them. What are some toys that can survive a rough and rowdy boy?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• find him a metal dump truck. DS recieved one from his grandparents for his birthday this past year. It's big and hardy. Lol. I believe they found it at Oreschlens farm supply.
    jltplk25

Answer by jltplk25 at 9:48 AM on May. 15, 2010

• hot wheels cars, my boys are 2 and 4 and are also pretty destructive. The thomas the train tracks and toys have also held up well to my kids.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 12:53 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Hot wheels - I agree, however my son has figured out how to break a couple of those too if the doors or hoods open - just get a cheap toy you know will break and $$ for a savings account or something? My son loves to put money in a piggy bank so you could get him a piggy bank and a bag of change to put in it..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:57 PM on May. 13, 2010

• My boys LOVED the rescue heros and they can last through ANYTHING! Also, rough and rowdy boys usually enjoys sports and sporting equipment. A soccer ball or a baseball glove?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:15 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Hot wheels are not indiscutible. My kids have managed to break around 50 of them. I don't think there are too many toys that are indiscutible. Wood blocks don't tend to break but they can break things. I like duplos and mega bloks. Though if they get stepped on they can break.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:32 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Lego Duplo. Boys love to build with them and the pieces are very solid.

dalemas

Answer by dalemas at 2:01 PM on May. 13, 2010

• A play-hut tent. My son loves his and it folds and stores away easily.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 8:50 AM on May. 14, 2010

• LOL, Nothing! jk. Really, cars are pretty tough. Any type of metal type vehicle, or balls. Maybe a t-ball set.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on May. 14, 2010

• The wooden train sets. Thomas comes to mind. But if you have an Ikea near you, they have a similar type(Thomas cars fit the tracks) that is more econmically priced. The basic starter set has track and bridge to make a figure eight and four train cars and is about $10. My kids(4 and 2 1/2) love them. They can rearrange the tracks and it keeps them occupied while I am doing something non-kid fun. They can bring it where ever I go inthe house and have even taken it on visits.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 11:16 AM on May. 14, 2010

• wooden building blocks or those giant Legos. he can build a tower and knock it over with out hurting it and the giant legos are easier to spot on the floor than the little ones are.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:21 AM on May. 14, 2010