What is a funny thing your dd or ds have said or done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 3yo DS saw a dead caterpillar on the ground the other day(he didn't know it was dead) and said "Look mommy, that cat-a-pillow is havin' a snack."
    I said "Oh...so it is. That's neat..."

Then he looks down at it, looks back up at me with a very concerned look on his face, puts his hands up and says "Should I give him a little massage?"

I nearly died. He is constantly saying hilarious things. Sometimes on purpose and sometimes, just like the massage question, it's totally an accident.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:01 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I was driving my daughter to pre school the other day and there was a cop on the side of the road and she says "Watch out mommy, the Po Po is gonna get you!!" LOL I guess she must have heard hubby say it a time or two because he always refers to the police as the Po Po.
    Anonymous

• Earlier this year, I was taking Kiwi to preschool, and was pulled over because my tags were seriously out of date. I had renewed them, but forgot to put the sticker on the plate. When the cop gets to the window, before anyone can say anything, Kiwi calls from the backseat, "can Mommy take me to school before you arrest her, I don't want to be late or go to jail, or miss school". He looked back at her and asked why he would arrest me, and she said "Isn't that what cops do, put on the flashy lights, and arrest people?" I showed him the tag sticker and he told me to put it on then left, and I about died. So much for support from the kids. She just wanted to go to school before I was hauled away!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:19 PM on May. 13, 2010

• We were in line at the grocery store, and there was a group of three women in front of us. One woman was quickly emptying a large amount of groceries, but apparently wasn't quick enough for my 3 year old. In a grouchy voice, she yells, "hurry up Lady!" I almost started laughing! She NEVER says rude things and is such a sweetheart. I know that she didn't know that was a rude thing to say. Anyway, we of course apologized. Pretty much everyone who heard it was trying to keep from laughing. She felt really bad when I explained to her that saying things like that hurts people's feelings.
    squish

Answer by squish at 4:09 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I was at Payless in a very run down mall in a really bad neighborhood. While I'm trying on shoes, my 2.5 yo dd was too! Another couple starts down the aisle we are and Kyla stops, looks at them and says "STOP!! That's MY mommy!!! Leave her alone!!! She's mine!! Daddys gunna be mad at you!!" they started laughing, I'm beet red and appoligizing and she's standing with her hands on her hips glaring! I explained to her everyone can shop and not going to hurt us... Ugh I was embarrassed! But she got a lot of people telling her she's cute! We were lucky that day!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:32 PM on May. 13, 2010

• My husband and I went to get tires changed on our jeep. It was almost time for them to close when a customer walks in. He waited, but nobody came to the counter. He starts getting this look of frustration and muttering to himself and finally just walks out almost stomping. But before he got out, my daughter says as loudly as she could "That man is grouchy" my husband and I just looked at each other. This is such a fun stag, we sure have to be careful what we say.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 12:35 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Today, my ds ran around the house with 1 red & 1 blue Tupperware kid's cups held over his ears. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me that he was wearing ear plugs just like his daddy & the bubbas do when they are out in the garage & daddy is cutting lumber.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:20 AM on May. 14, 2010

• My husband and myself were shopping at walmart one fine night with our daughter {who was 2 at the time} My daughter was talking about how she had to go potty but everytime we tried she didnt go so we dropped it. Once we were done and leaving the store the greeter at the door started talking to us about how cute and etc our daughter was. Out of the blue my daughter looked at her and asked her do you have to go poop. I was shocked but couldn't stop laughing long enough to get a answer out... my husband just wanted to leave quick. the whold ride home we were dying of laughter. Lady wasnt mad just thought it was funny. Kids are the most amazing thing when it comes to what will come out of there mouths
    wolfienubschemi

Answer by wolfienubschemi at 8:18 AM on May. 14, 2010

• my dad had passed away just before Christmas when Kitten was five. That spring we took her and Pumpkin to the cemetery to visit him. The ground had thawed and they had just actually buried the coffin and laid the double head stone for him and mama. I explained that Gramma Dot's name was on her stone because that is where she wold be buried.

We walked pass several graves, (some with single and some with both husband and wife names on the stones), as we went to visit my grandpa's grave at a different section of the cemetery. Kitten saw that Granny Hay had her name on Gramps stone even though she was still here and living with Granma Dot. She looked up at me and said. " I get it, when you are married you get a double-wide." To this day i still smile when i see a double grave stone while cleaning at the cemetery near me.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:30 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Daddy always said that kids were the best entertain meant you ever gave yourself
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:37 AM on May. 14, 2010