Gay rights group demands apology from Newsweek

LOS ANGELES – A gay rights group is demanding an apology from Newsweek magazine for a recent story that the group says suggested gay actors can't play straight characters.

Should we boycott Newsweek for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No. We should boycott that pitiful magazine for putting The Jackass on the cover more than a dozen times.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:12 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Anonymous

• Don't buy newsweek to begin with and of course the reporter gets to say their opinion as does Oprah and Fox news; If you don't think the group has suggested this, then come up with a liable argument and post it on their site. I personally do not believe gay people need the same rights assay married couples.
    Anonymous

• ROFL.... Hey look, a potential for more wasted energy on boycotts....  And on the media no less...   Remember all the boycotts placed against Glenn Beck? What happened? Ohh yea, his ratings WENT UP.... Got it....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:04 PM on May. 13, 2010

ROFL!!!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:14 PM on May. 13, 2010

• anon, I personally do not believe gay people need the same rights assay married couples

What they are not human beings like you with the same needs as hetero married couples?

As for the apology, they deserve it, an actor is an actor no matter what their sexual orientation is.

Answer by older at 1:20 PM on May. 13, 2010

• i wouldnt !!
    Anonymous

• who cares? If someone thinks a gay person cannot pull off playing a straight person, why aren't they entitled to their opinion? some people have too much time on their hands.
    Anonymous

• I don't see why gay people can't act straight. Many of them do until they accept themselves for who they are.

As for the magazine, I don't know that a boycott is the way to go. Is it the magazine, or a particular writer that people are taking issue with? If it's the writer, then email them and ask for an apology.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:29 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Gee, I was going to post, but a bunch of answers just disappeared. Someone must have gotten rude and nasty.

I don't read Newsweek, but if you want to boycott, go right ahead.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:01 PM on May. 13, 2010