Bees @ Swingsets

We just bought our 4 year old DD a cedar swingset and I'm wondering if there's anything we can do, like add a repellent or treat it with something, to keep bees from nesting in, on, and around it?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 1:23 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wonder if you put like a deck sealer on it if that would help. other then that maybe call a pest control company and see what they say.
    nebcutie

Answer by nebcutie at 2:19 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Good question, unfortunately I don't have an answer for it.. but I will be lurking until you get a good one because i'm having bad issues with bees on mine as well!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 1:37 PM on May. 13, 2010

• The same thing happened to us. They started last year and I hosed them out and they came back then I sprayed bug spray and kept my DS off for a while and they came back again. This spring they came back to the same spot so I knocked down the little hive and squished aluminum foil into the hole and so far no bees back yet.
    Anonymous