Too sexy, too soon? What do you think?

Copied From Showbiz Tonight : There's a lot of outrage today over this video (I pasted it below). It's young girls -- reportedly seven years old -- dancing very provocatively, in very skimpy outfits, to Beyonce's "Single Ladies." What do you think? Too sexy, too soon? Or no big deal? We're debating this on the show today... -A.J.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/12/young-girls-do-beyonces-s_n_573130.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on May. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• My main concern isn't with the dance moves, some of it is a little mature, but what makes it over the top for me is the outfits, they could have gotten a similar effect with a little more coverage.

Child porn is a LOT extreme, poor choice...sure, but child porn...really?

I see very talented girls, who's parents should have made a better choice when it comes to the outfits they have on.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:04 PM on May. 13, 2010

• my daughter is in dance school..... I've refused slutty outfits like that and to put makeup on her.... that IS too much too soon. those girls there will have sex, drugs, etc problems. No modesty = a license to be trampy and behave poorly.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:52 PM on May. 13, 2010

• OMG. That's completely inappropriate. What is wrong with people?
    Anonymous

• Yeah, there is no way I would let my child join a dance troupe like that. The girls gave a spectacular performance, but it was way too sexual for me. There is no way I would let me kid b become part of some pervs spank bank like that.
    Those girls have talent for sure, but they still would have as much if they chose a more appropriate song, outfits and dance moves.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:55 PM on May. 13, 2010

• fyi, the ARE 7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXCDv0IorMQ
    the 3 strongest dancers of the bunch do a trio here. they're SO talented, but the moms dont see the harm in the makeup & outfits.... it breaks my heart. my kids both dance but will probably never get to compete, because the bare midriffs, etc etc are not negotiable.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:57 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I would never have allowed this for my girls either. I bet the parents will certainly be upset when their darling daughters are using those dance skills on a pole in an adult club. What they are teaching those girl is how to use their body to get attention. What an insult to their intelligence!
    mom-2-five

Answer by mom-2-five at 2:01 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree they are very talented but this is too sexy for girls their age.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:01 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Those girls have some amazing crazy skills.. It is just sad it had to be shown in that manner..
    When you have a talent like that you shouldnt have to dance in that way to show it off!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:05 PM on May. 13, 2010

• they are really good, i think if they had different outfits it may be more appropriate...
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 2:06 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Very talented girls but I think that who ever picked out their outfits needs to be fired. I am really laid back in most areas but those outfits where to much. Making your child look like a stripper isn't cute at all.
    Anonymous