What would you do?

I have a neighbor who is attached to me. She calls all the time, she comes over unnannounced all the time. She wonders where I'm at and tries to invite herself along. She deals with bi-polar, ptsd, and a ton of other anxiety issues. If I try to confront her about anything she starts crying hysterically. If I tell her I don't like something she does she blabs about how she can't handle confrontation and no joke will ball her freakin eyes out! She's a complete nutcase in public and is embarassing. She's very awkward in social situations and I try soooo hard to be patient with her but I no joke met her 3 weeks ago and I've dealt with ALL of this since then. I have no idea how to tell her to leave me alone without literally sending her over the edge, I met her a week after she tried committing suicide. She tells me I'm her best friend and me and my kids are such blessings to her... aaaahhhh Can you say CRAZY?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• All I can say is continue to be nice to her. I couldn't live with myself if I heard later she died. just ask God for guidance you do your part as a friend and he'll handle the rest.

Where did she come from before you met her? just tell her you are so busy lately bc of the kids I mean let her know but don't be rude either. Hang in there.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:15 PM on May. 13, 2010

• well... i'd say slowly grow distant
    Anonymous

• lmfao i hate too be u just tell her how it is u have a hubby blame it on him lol say my man dnt want me having friends i have too leave u alone something i d k i would do anything at this point
    Anonymous

• My Sister had a neighbor like that and it became overwhelming for my Sister. The girl rented and my sister owned the house next door. So finally my Sister called the girls parents and explained the situation and the next thing she knew her family commited her to a Psych Hospital. This was not the first time. Apparently she had been in and out many times. I would try & contact a family member of hers prior to cooling it off with her so they can be prepared to handle her. Can you just make excuses like the kids are sick witha cold or you are sick and not feeling up to entertaining. Or that you need to wait for a call from your husband about a private issue and you cant have her over or something like that?
    Anonymous

• Me again anon 2:08. Be careful if you say that your Husband doesn't want you to see her. My Sis said that and the girl basically stalked my Brother in Law and she was very angared everytime she saw him. She even stole his cigarettes that he had left outside on a table. People like this can be capable of anything.
    Anonymous

• I would back so far away from that nut job and so fast she would get a nose bleed from the friction! You've known her THREE WEEKS and she wants to be a conjoined twin? I say just be point blank and honest. Let her cry if she must, but you need to tell her that you are just not emotionally equipped to deal with her issues. Tell her she needs someone with more experience and the correct degrees to assist her in getting her life together, but that can't be you.

I have a relative who is bipolar. She can be very manipulative when she wants something from me and I don't want to give it to her--attention, money, name it. If you don't think she uses that disorder to get what she wants, then think again. Whether she can 'help' it or not is beside the point.

You don't have to be rude when you tell her, but you have to be firm. If you can't, then be prepared to be sucked dry until she gets professional help.

Good luck to you
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 2:44 PM on May. 13, 2010

• MOVE! LOL IDK that is scary!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:26 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I think you need to set some boundaries. Tell her that you need to be contacted before she comes over to make sure it's not nap time, meal time or whatever else you may need to do. Do the same with phone calls as well, or start ignoring the phone (which is what I do). As for social awkwardness, just try to leave your home quickly or lie about having a doctor's appointment. I seem to attract people like this, and there is no subtle way to deal with these people. And remember that you have a right to live your life without someone trespassing.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:46 PM on May. 13, 2010