Spray tan vs. tanning bed

Yesterday, for the first time ever, I got a fake tan - I partook in an event and one of the free things there was spray tan. I tried it, but it was in the middle of the event so I had conservative clothes on - now my face, a tiny bit of my chest and my arms up to the sleeve are very tan, and the rest of me is very white. The woman said that the tan can last up to ten days - I wear tank tops or t-shirts most of the time and don't want to look like a freak with the crazy different colored skin and I can't wait that long for it to be gone because I have just that one shirt that covers that much - except long sleeve shirts. Should I go get another spray tan that covers my whole body ? Or should I go to a tanning bed? Will the tanning bed still leave the rest of the skin much paler? I just want my whole body to be the same color - or even close - just not completely dark and completely pale for another 2 weeks until it fades.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know that the tanning bed would help your issue. This is a good question to ask the people at the salon. They would know what to do.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:56 PM on May. 13, 2010

• spray tans turn you orange and tanning beds are completely safe as long as you only go twice a week and always wear an spf 15 with uva/uvb protection
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:56 PM on May. 13, 2010

• a tanning bed will leave you still 2 diff colors... i would go get another spray tan but get them to spray your white parts.... if you cover your body it may still be 2 tone
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 3:04 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I would let it wear off and just cover up a bit more. Tanning beds won't help you much and will make you look orange too. My tanning friends will say I am wrong but they look orange to me.lol Hope it fades fast for you.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 3:30 PM on May. 13, 2010

where did you get this incorrect information?
    Anonymous

• I would try spray tanning. Tanning beds very gradually tan, for most ppl they have to go a atleast a few times for it to be noticeably different. So for your case it would be pointless to even bother. I wouldnt worry about turning orange. That only happeneds to some ppl if they go tanning A LOT. You could also try sunless tanning lotion, you can buy that stuff at walmart, fredmeyers, walgreens, rite aid, pretty much anywhere. But with that stuff a lot of ppl complain about it being streaky or spotty. So anyways If I were you I would just try spray tanning again.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 6:52 PM on May. 13, 2010