My 11 year old daughter is a tom boy will she ever get over that stage i try to dress her up and shes okay with for awhile and then she just takes it off i think that she just trys to make me happy oh ya and she does'nt like to use bras.......please help........

1_happy_mom

Asked by 1_happy_mom at 3:05 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Leave her alone and let her wear what she wants. She'll come around.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:07 PM on May. 13, 2010

• she'll grow out of it.. trust me.. same thing happened with me. its a phase some kids go through. as for the bras, if she really has to wear one at this age then get her a sports bra. tell her that her boobs will get bouncy and awkward if she doesnt wear a bra. and since its a sports bra so tell her that all tomboy girls wear that . as for her to start acting like a girly girl .. she'll come around to it in a couple of years.. trust me.
    Anonymous

• My daughter has always been a tom-boy. She's almost 14 now and just started becoming a little more girly in the last year. She's still not super girly, but she has decided she likes to wear sundresses sometimes. When she was younger it was always a problem when I needed her to dress up for something; we still don't agree on what looks nice, but I do appreciate that she is at least trying a little bit.
    Anonymous

• Yeah let her do what makes her feel comfortable. My lil sister was the same way, but she ended being gay. She is more comfortable being boyish but she does dress up on occasion make up, hair etc...she looks so beautiful when she does but it's always been her choice. I am not saying your child is gay...I'm just saying that we had a similar situation with my lil sister. I would just let your child know that you except and love her just the way she is.
    Anonymous

• i went to school with a girl that had lots of brothers. she was a great basketball player herself. i saw her in two dresses, once in the second grade and once for senior prom. she had a boyfriend in high school and they were a great couple : )
    i wouldn't worry about your daughter one bit. i think it is great to go through life being comfortable!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:14 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Why try to mold her into what you want her to be? Let her be herself. My dad kept trying but finally gave up and said "i can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!" I can be sporty and "tomboyish" or I can dress up and host an event. I think females like that are versatile and can fit in anywhere. Just love her and let her be herself.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:28 PM on May. 14, 2010