would you allow her around your kids? or am i being childish?

a former friend was convicted of child abuse/ neglect and had all 3 kids taken away from her 2 yrs ago. what happen was her oldest 7 at the time tried making toast by himself and the mom got mad and put his hand in the toaster then pushed it down so he had severe burns on his hand, then she put the 5 yr olds hand on a hot burner cause he kept gettin to close to the stove while she was cooking. i since then stopped talkin to her, and my husband recently started talkin to her again all the time, always textin and FB chat, he wants her to come over an hang out, i said absolutely not, he said they been friends since 6 th grade, i dont care...i dont want her around my kids period. and im also sure that i wont be able to keep my comments to myself, i lost all respect for this woman.
your thoughts comments?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I would not want my kids around her at all. I realize you'd be around and that they would be safe as long as they're not alone with her. But who would want to be worried like that? I wouldn't want to be around someone I cannot trust. I would have a hard time being friends with someone who treated their children that way. If she did all that to the poor kids then what could she do to everyone else. I would be wondering why he is so fond of a person like her.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:23 PM on May. 13, 2010

• i definatly would not allow her around my children, or even want to speak to her and i would be disgusted with my husband if he wanted too.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:15 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I would not want her around my kids. It seems that your husband is not thinking like a father. Why on Earth would he want this type of person in his home or around his children?
    Anonymous

• I personally am with you. I wouldn't be able to stand having her anywhere near me or my family.
    Anonymous

• I would NOT let her around. Tell your husband that if he wants to hang out with her, then he can leave. It's her or his family. She is a child abuser. I wouldn't allow her anywhere near my children, and if your husband loves and respects his family, he wouldn't either!
    Anonymous

• Um, I would question why MY husband would want to hang out with her. No put your foot down, she sounds like scum
    Anonymous

• I'm with you!! I wouldn't want her around either. Your DH is nuts if he lets this woman disrupt his home and family, and if it were my DH, there would be a disruption (and that would be ME raising you-know-what!)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:19 PM on May. 13, 2010

• my dh had better have a damn good reason to even be talking to somebody like that
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:29 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I can understand why you would not want the woman around.When my youngest was baby I use to run around with this girl i worked with. I didnt know her that well. She found out she was preginut again. She then turn around and wanted me go out drinking with her. I expressed my concern for her condition and she went on to say she use to down jim beam with her other two. That turned me off and I didnt hang out with her after that. I care about my children and could not imagion having anything in common with someone who didnt.
    Anonymous

• No way. If she'd do that to her own kids then she'd have no respect for yours either. 6th grade was a long time ago and she's not the same person he knew then obviously. I wouldn't let her around. I'd limit it to his FB page, and maybe not even that.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 3:33 PM on May. 13, 2010