I need some weight loss help!

I would like to start a diet/workout program NOW! I am 22 and weigh 200+ pounds. This is the most I've EVER weighed, and I don't like it at ALL!!! I am a SAHM and can't go out and walk around my neighborhood (not w/out a buddy anyways, it's not really SAFE for me to do so) I am getting married in less then 3 months and would LIKE to lose a few pounds. I need something obviously QUICK but healthy as well. I'm NOT that worried about the way I look, (I do NOT look like I weigh as much as I do) but I would like to feel better about myself as well as be more healthy.
YES, I would LOVE to lose at LEAST 40 pounds before my wedding, but if it doesn't happen, I won't be upset.
Thanks for any advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Try the free website sparkpeople.com. You put in all your information and they'll suggest your caloric intake and an exercise program. It has lots of helpful tools, too. It's worth a try, in my opinion. Best of luck to you and congrats on your upcoming wedding!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 3:29 PM on May. 13, 2010

• try weightwatchers program. my SIL did it after both her pregnancies.. and girl i tell was she fat !!! but she lost all of it .. so personal experience it works ! im going to try it after i have my first baby too
    Anonymous

• im doing the special k challenge right now (specialk.com) and i bought all the biggest loser work out dvd's, i really like them. im also taking mega-t green tea pills, theyve worked for me before to loose alot of weight and dont make me feel wierd or anything.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:36 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I am not sure you can safely lose 40 lbs in 3 months. But I would advise you to do more cutting back than anything.(portion control). Eating many small meals during the day. Getting completely off sugar, starches, and fried food. Also snacks like soda, chips and candy. If you need to indulge do so, but do not eat the whole thing. Buy fruit juices or buy or juicer. Also the 100 calorie snack packs are good. Rice cakes are good too. Increase your salads and veggies. Bake or boil your meats and limit salt consumption. Hope that helps a little. I understand completely.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 3:48 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I have to agree with anon also weight watchers is really good too.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 3:50 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I lost weight with a nutritional cleansing program. It is healthy and promotes pretty quick (not too rapid) weight loss. Message me if you want more info - or you can email me at simplecleansing@gmail.com.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 4:14 PM on May. 13, 2010

• It is so great that you want to do it the healthy way! If you ever have a chance, I would love for you to check out http://www.myshakeology.com/turbohill It is amazing, healthy, and it has changed my life as well as many others :)

hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 4:48 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 6:18 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I would highly recommend joining weight watchers. If you cant afford the meetings you can get the info online for free. just do some searches. you can also join some of the group for WW here on cafemom. Weight watchers for moms who cant afford the meetings.
    Anonymous

• In less than 6 months I lost 83 lbs. and I did this without the aid of medications. I actually started by cutting out habits one at a time. The first habit I got rid of was going out to fast food restaurants. No more McDonalds.... Then I cut out eating late at night. I made sure my cut off time was 6:00 PM. This gave my food time to digest prior to going to bed. You can gain lots of weight eating late at night. Then I started exercising. I started walking every night. First I walked 1/2 mile and eventually got up to 5 miles per night. I know you said you are not able to walk in your neighborhood by yourself but do you have a school in your area where folks gather to walk at? This could be another option. Also some fitness centers have indoor tracks you can use. Of course I drank lots of water and diet sodas only. Weight gain/loss is honestly all about habits. I was amazed when I changed my habits. Good luck.
    Proudmomof82008

Answer by Proudmomof82008 at 2:52 PM on May. 15, 2010