If your child knew of a student who was organizing a "hit list", would your child tell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yeah, he would. He tends to be the classroom cop and has utterly no concept of how to keep a secret.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:43 PM on May. 13, 2010

• What kind of "hit list". Like, to kill people???
    I sure as hell hope my kids would at least tell me so I could take the next step.

My kids aren't school aged yet though.
    When I was a kid I would have told someone if I though someone else was in danger.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:36 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I would sure hope so! My DD is only in kindergarten, but i hope if she were faced with that decision later in life, that she would do the right thing.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:17 PM on May. 13, 2010

• wth??? is going on over there in that school? and if you even think that is going on, and It looks like you do...say something and dont stop till something is done!
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 6:09 PM on May. 13, 2010

• YES she would! She would tell her best friends and her parents and I would call the school.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:13 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Yes! My child told when she heard another child say on the bus "I'm going to bring a gun to school and shot evberyone".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 14, 2010

• cont from anon 9:22

I forgot to add that I have not kept my DD in the dark about school shootings and such. She is 11, and I want her to know that if any one makes a threat like that, then it needs to be taken very seriously!

I'm glad I shared the dark and scary news of school shottings with her because now she knows what to watch out for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I would report it myself. I'd feel awful if people died and I could have stopped it

Answer by admckenzie at 6:29 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I would hope so.
    Anonymous

• I think so. She wants everyone to be safe and happy. She came home upset the other day when she found out that a kid that she doesn't even like very much was being bullied by another kid. Part of the reason she was upset was that she hadn't been there to help the child who was being bullied; she was on another part of the playground when it happened and found out after the fact.

I think a hit list would anger her and spur her to action.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:52 AM on May. 16, 2010