Company in the bathroom?

Does anyone else's 5 year old ask for company in the bathroom? Almost everytime Kiwi goes potty, she asks if I will keep her company. Especially when she poos, she likes to talk. She only does it at home, with me, so I'm not worried about it, she knows that bathroom times, and body parts are private and all, but she says I'm the mommy, so there's no such thing as private time. I figure I'll take advantage of that until the teenage years and she will hate to have me around! Anyone else have lonely potty kids?

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 3:56 PM on May. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Nearly every poop & pee here ends up being a family affair, lol. I can't wait til I'm done wiping butts!
    Anonymous

• My daughter is always in there when I go and always wants me to go with her as well. She will be 4 in August and I think I will probably keep going with her until she quits asking me !
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 3:58 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Kiwi likes to keep me company in the bathroom too! For a while, the only way I could get some peace was when I pooed since she hates all bad smells, but then she started coming in the bathroom with her swim goggles that cover the nose. Now she keeps them in the bathroom. It seems every bathroom break in this house, with the exception of my husband, has me, Kiwi, and the two dogs!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:05 PM on May. 13, 2010

• My sd always comes into the bathroom whether I'm doing number one or two just to sit and chat. It's been three yrs now and I still find it awkward and weird.
    Ronique1989

Answer by Ronique1989 at 10:45 PM on May. 13, 2010

• LOL My 5 yr old actually now kicks me out! She is all I need privacy! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Nope, my daughter tells me okay u can leave now. I don't need help. I am a big girl. I need privacy. She'll be 8yrs this summer.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 11:11 PM on May. 14, 2010

• My 5 year old wants someone in the next room because she claims she's scared. It's driving me crazy. My 4 year old is fearless and I try to get my 5 year old over her fear, and I guess it would be understandable if she were afraid of the dark but she won't go into a room alone even if it's day time. My 4 year old doesn't need company but she will announce to everyone when she has to go - if she's outside she will run through the yard and the house shouting "I gotta pee! I gotta pee! Get out of my way!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on May. 15, 2010