how do i tell my dh i need to be back on lexapro?

lexapro or some form of it for anxiety/depression. he thinks medication is bad-just because he is healthy and doesn't need it. i am going to be homeschooling in the fall for the first time and feel even now i can't handle certain situations.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, just because HE doesn't believe in it, doesn't mean its not necessary. He should love / respect you enough to know when you are saying you need it, its not because of any other reason, than you need it.. I am on meds and have been for 20 years, My husband does not understand it either so I know how hard this can be BUT.. this is also not my husband's choice -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:02 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Just tell him. If he doesnt understand it, get him some information to read about your symptoms. A person that does not have to deal with issues such as anxiety or depression can sometimes have a hard time understanding that it is a real medical condition for some people. Just say hey babe, look..this here is what I need to do.
    It was hard for me to tell my SO that I used to be on meds and that I needed to get back on them. But I did tell him and we talked about it, I explained to him how I felt the best I could and he tried his best to understand and be supportive. Give him a shot, he may understand! Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:03 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Unless he is your dr, he can't make that decision. Just go see your dr. for the scrip. and tell him later.
    Anonymous

• What a shame your DH is so selfish not see you are not just a Good Person but you realized in yourself you needed help.
    If comes down to it You do not even have to tell him, Peel off the label or place your pills in a just for woman multivitamin bottle there are two saying in life " what they don't know wont hurt them", & " some people opinions are just like Butt holes we all have one and they all stink." it is your life You need to take care of yourself & do what is best for you . There is no shame in needing a antidepressant. Stay Strong I hope you take the medication.
    SCMomof2kids

Answer by SCMomof2kids at 4:38 PM on May. 13, 2010

• This is between you and your therapist; your spouse has nothing to do with this, other than providing you with love and support.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:13 PM on May. 13, 2010