Why is someone seemingly always trying to prove that SAHM's don't do enough or work hard enough or are lazy or any other things such as that?

I don't get it? Why do other people care so much about how another family chooses to raise thier family? What is it to you?
I don't care if you work in your home, outside of your home,if youre gone for two weeks at a time on a business trip...its not my business and I don't care and I certainly wouldn't judge you or knock you down for it.
Now ask me a potty question, and I'm all ears.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on May. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree completely with anon 4:59. The majority of the SAHM vs. working mom posts seem to be from working moms bashing SAHMs, and I think the reason is guilt. I was strictly a SAHM for a couple of years, worked one day a week for a year (DD was home with dad), and have spent three semesters using full-time child care because I have been going to nursing school. If I do three 12 hour shifts a week with one on the weekend (so kids can be with dad), I'll use two days of child care. This is the compromise my family chose so I could contribute to our income, but maximize my time with the kids.

I am sick of women bashing each other for this. I rarely see SAHMs bashing working moms, unless they are doing it as a reaction to half a dozen anti-SAHM posts.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:34 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I guess it makes them feel important? I don't know, some people are just jerks.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:02 PM on May. 13, 2010

• People hate their lives and they want others to feel bad for them and how hard they work. I have respect for all women who are doing what they need to do to raise their families.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 4:02 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I think that the "mommy wars" will always be going on. Too many women just have too much time on their hands and spend way too much energy worrying about what other people are doing, or trying to make other people feel badly for the way they live. I love working moms and stay home moms. I have respect for all of my friends regardless of how they support their family, as long as they are good people, good parents, good friends, good citizens, WHO CARES?!?!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:04 PM on May. 13, 2010

• yea ure right.. some SAHM's have problems that they're working at home all day and they DH;s dont help them..(btw im a SAHM too) .. and some working women have a problem that they work in and out of home both and why are SAHM's complaining...people just have issues. this is all our choice. we choose to stay at home or go out and work. really , y are people making such a big deal out of it? no one is forcing u to choose ure profession .. its all u !!
    Anonymous

• For the same reason that some people try to say us WOHM's allow daycares to raise our kids. They have nothing better to do but bash others!
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 4:26 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Moms will ALWAYS feel the need to justify why they do what they do when it comes to their families. I seriously doubt that moms fought about who juggled more responsibilities when the MAJORITY of women were homemakers who stayed at home raising their children while their HUSBANDS worked. It has really only been since the feminist movement took hold that these "wars" started! Not coincidentally it's also around the time women decided they didn't need to marry the father of their children, or marry before having children for that matter.

I think this country could use a healthy dose of "June Cleaver" in their lives! LOL :o) Women need to understand that they CAN "have it all" but they just can't have it all at the same time--because something is going to be affected by it--whether it is your job, your kids or your husband--one or more will end up neglected as a result!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:36 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Until Cafemom, I had no idea that this was even an issue. All of my working friends always tell me how lucky I am that I can stay home with my daughter. They have never bashed me and I have never bashed them. Whatever works for a family is what THEY should do. There is no right/wrong standard on how to raise a family...what works for some won't work for others and vice versa.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:25 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Honestly, I think they're jealous. I think that often when someone is rude to someone for no reason, and makes huge assumptions, it stems from jealousy. I can see no other reason. I work my butt off as a SAHM. The only reason I'm on here now is bc my son is napping next to me, and bc I just finished cleaning the entire house. Sure, there are some SAHM's who sit on their butts all day...but there are equally as many working moms who sit at a desk at work on Cafemom all day.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:53 PM on May. 13, 2010

• They have guilt and try to justify their own choice to work by putting down those who are able to be involved in their children's lives.
    Anonymous