24 day cycle and ovulation?

I'm thinking of ttc late this summer, and I have been paying attention to my cycle, which has been 24 days long the past two cycles. I never have any (noticeable) physical symptoms of ovulation. Is there a general rule for when I would probably ovulate in a 24-day cycle -- like is it half way through, or 14 days before the end, or 14 days from the beginning? Or do I need to track my temp or get an ovulation detector kit? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• The best way to find out is by charting temps or cervical fluid.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 4:20 PM on May. 13, 2010

• There are several different websites you can put in your period and will give you your fertility window.
    babymed.com
    yourdays.com

Also, on webmd you can put in your last 3 cycles and it will give you your cycle days.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 4:29 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I would suggest getting a thermometer and temping. You may or may not be ovulating with only a 24 day cycle and it could be 14 days before or less then 14 days before. Typically you ovulate 12-14 days after the first day of your period and then enter the luteal phase which is about 14 days long. A common cause of infertility in women is not that they aren't ovulating, but that their luteal phase is too short for implantation to occur. So you could be ovulating on day 14 and then only having a 10 day luteal phase. The only way to know for sure is to temp.
    Anonymous

• OP: Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought 24 days was still within normal range for a cycle? I'm not worried about infertility (I mean I know it's always a possibility but I've had two children)... just wondering if there was a rule of thumb for ovulation since we're sort of shooting for a 3 month window, so it would help us to line our ducks up in a row, so to speak. I'll just do the temping... Thanks.
    Anonymous