Homemade Father's Day Gift?

I'm looking for a pre-school level Homemade Father's Day Gift...any ideas? Something inexpensive as the kids will be giving them away to dad, grandpas, uncles & god fathers. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I did this last Fathers Day for my hubby. Go to a craft store and get a stone making kit. They come with colored rocks and a cement mixture. I put my sons foot print in it and wrote I love you Dad. My hubby loved it! I think it was $15.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 5:14 PM on May. 13, 2010

• One year we painted on some white boxers for my husband. We have letter stamps and wrote "#1 Dad." We put hand prints on the butt and painted "her is a father's day spank." lol

For grandparents, you can order a coffee mug with pictures on them from Walgreens or CvS. A generic gift maybe but they might be tea or coffee drinkers. You can take a digital picture of your childs very colorful art work and have that put on the coffee mugs for a custom set of mugs.

Homeade soaps...with parental supervision. Your child can pick the style, scent, and shape of soap and decorate a yogurt container to hold soaps.

Does dad BBQ? Paint an apron.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:25 PM on May. 13, 2010

• one year i cut out the letters happy daddy day, so just A, D,H, P and Y
    i took several pictures of the kids over a period of several days holding the letters, and put it together on a large piece of paper. if i were to do it again, i would make sure i was the same distance away from the kids for every shot : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:19 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Kiwi is going to make her daddy a t-shirt with paint. We're going to buy a plain t-shirt ($4) and a pack of fabric paint (about $8), and let her go to town on the table once he leaves for work. She did the same for her uncle for his birthday and for her granny as a just because/thank you gift. Kiwi had a blast, making pictures and writing (copying) stuff she knows they like on the shirts. Just take the kids to the craft section of walmart, or go to hobby lobby, about the same price, but more selection and let them pick something out to make (usually about $10). There are also always cards and pictures, all you need for that is markers, crayons, paint, or glue, and some construction paper. Have fun!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:19 AM on May. 14, 2010

• One year for my dad's birthday we made a shirt that said "My Grandkids Walk All Over Me" (we just used a fabric paint pen and an in expensive Hanes white tshirt from Michaels) and then let all the grandkids (there are 12 of them now! 8 at the time) dip their feet in different colored paint and then stamp their feet on the shirt. It turned out really cute and he LOVES that shirt! It could be customized for dads/grandfathers/etc.

Answer by missanc at 8:27 PM on May. 18, 2010