Do you let your toddler...

Walk around with snacks? I put her in her high chair for meals and snacks but she will not eat! Once I taker her out she asks for snacks 10 minutes later. What gives??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would let her have like dried cereal or crackers, but anything that needs to be eaten at a table, no. They do have those bowls that suction to things so maybe you could try suctioning it to your coffee table and make her understand that if she wants a snack she needs to eat it in that specific place.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:04 PM on May. 13, 2010

• no, but our carpet is almost white so that just isn't an option. They sit at the table to eat or drink. If they do not sit they do not eat or drink.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 5:04 PM on May. 13, 2010

• It's a control thing with toddlers. That is one thing they can control...whether or not they eat when you want them too. We are going through this with my son. He wants to sit at the table like a big boy and not his high chair. I don't have a problem with it, but my hubbys thinks he still needs to sit in his highchair. I think it all depends on your child.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 5:12 PM on May. 13, 2010

• yes... sounds like i'm the bad one but in my house we're always snacking, the carpet is orange and the house was built 60 years ago! They are HOPEFULLY tearing them down and building new ones... ones with wires and heaters on the inside of the walls...
    When dd was younger and it was just her and I (daddy was deployed) we would eat only in the kitchen. Since he came home it's been eating at the coffee table
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:15 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I would normally have a bowl of dry cerial/chexmix on the coffee table for them to help themselves....strangely enough I never had problems w/ them eating the meals...or getting overweight.....maybe I removed the bowl after a while.....

...I digress.....sorry.....yes, mine would walk around w/ snacks if it was something like cheese sticks or apple wedges and such. Snacks were not served in the high chair. At the coffee table, yes, but not necessarily a sit down thing.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:17 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I didn't/don't make them sit at the table/in the highchair, but I didn't/don't let them walk all over either. For the most part the did/do sit in the living room, on the floor, watching tv.
    Anonymous

• Nope - if my kids want to eat, they sit at the table. That goes for snacks and drinks.

Answer by missanc at 8:47 AM on May. 14, 2010

• My son when he eats and drinks its at his highchair and no where else. I refuse to have food and drinks all over my carpet and furniture.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 10:34 AM on May. 15, 2010