How did you LOSE weight during your pregnancy?

I just saw a question that asked how much weight women gained during their pregnancies, and saw that many women said they had LOST weight during pregnancy... Just wondering, HOW? Was it morning sickness, or what? I'm just curious b/c I am TTC my 2nd, but I still have about 20 lbs to lose from my 1st.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Probably because they were sick, because it is not recommended to lose weight during pregnancy unless you are already overweight and it comes off on its own while you still eat healthily.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:19 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I gained weight but at the same time lost it. As in I gained the normal amount of weight but because I had been on a diabetic diet when I gave birth I actually weighed like 10lbs less then when I got pregnant.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 5:32 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I threw up every day that I was pregnant (I am not kidding). With my first child I lost a couple of pounds. I came out of the hospital smaller than before I had gotten pregnant. My second I didn't gain any weight hardly at all (I was overweight when I got pregnant with her). My twins I gained 9lbs (again I was overweight when I got pregnant with them). With the twins I could not eat at all because there just simply was not any room. When I am pregnant I craved healthy foods, so without even trying was eating more healthy which I guess helped with the weight loss. Plus like I said I literally threw up many times a day every day when I was pregnant.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:33 PM on May. 13, 2010

• With my 4th pregnancy, I lost weight for the first 5 months. Not morning sickness, per say, but I just couldn't eat, couldn't force myself to eat, and once I could bear to eat, all I could stomach was milk and fruit. I plateaued from months 5-7, and gained about 15 from 7 til the end. My midwife was fine with it because I was overweight to begin with, and baby was growing just fine. She was 8lbs 11oz when she was born.

With my 5th, it was the same - no morning sickness, but all day queasiness, just could not eat. I lost weight all the way up until I gav birth - about 40 lbs total. Again, midwife wasn't worried because baby was growing well, I was staying healthy, I wasn't active due to other non-related issues so I personally didn't need much. That baby was 9lbs 2oz at birth.

Both babies were and are very healthy, all things considered. They are now almost 5 and 44lbs, and 3 and 33lbs.
    Anonymous

• I believe it was the massive amounts of vomit.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:27 PM on May. 13, 2010