Any mom PURCHASED Breast Milk from a milk BANK?

I am wondering how much it cost per OZ to purchase breast milk from a respectable MILK BANK.

If anyone knows please fill me in! Thanks.

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 5:33 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't purchase any, but I do know that it is pretty expensive..anywhere from $2-3/oz...more expensive than formula (though well worth it). You will also need a prescription from your baby's pediatrician.

http://www.breastfeeding.com/all_about/all_about_milk_banks.html

Check out milkshare.org...it is a much cheaper route....
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 6:00 PM on May. 13, 2010

• You need a script and the price depends on where you are located. I have donated milk and asked them about the pricing. I would try to find a friend or family member who could possibly pump and give you some milk if needed while you work on your supply. It is much more expensive then formula, but if you can do it temporarily while increasing your own supply then I think it is well worth it to get the babies "virgin" gut.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:29 PM on May. 13, 2010

• The milk is not for MY baby. I am going to be a surrogate & the family wants to pay me bank prices for my milk bc its not something I was planning on doing after the birth- I just feel bad bc I didnt know how much $$ it actually costs!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:06 PM on May. 14, 2010