I have some questions for those who have gone through the IVF process.

I am going to be a surrogate & we are currently in the legal part of the process, but I want more details on the medical aspect.

I know that I will be going to the fertility center & having quite a few tests done-
but then how does the medication part come in.. Whats the usual drugs used & for how long between will I be on them. How much time usually passes between the exam & the implantation?

The embreyos that will be transfered are already frozen- so I dont have to worry about sync schedules with the mom,,

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 5:42 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I did IVF from beging to end. Most of the hard work (injections) and drug aspects are done for you since you do not have to do the egg retreival part. That is actually the hardest part of IVF. You may have to take some injections to ready your body for the implantation. Once the eggs are implanted I think the only shots that I had to take were progesterone so my body would not reject the embryo but they are the Large needles in the butt. Someone will have to give these injections to you. You should really go to the fertility office and ask what is involved for YOU prior to signing any Legal forms. You will have blood work done and sonograms as well. I think the time frame for you is probably just a few weeks.
    Anonymous