Do you think Facebook makes it less likely for people to show up to their high school reunions?

If people are friends on Facebook with many people from high school, do you think that would discourage people from making it to a reunion especially if it is far and sort of a hardship to go? Facebook pretty much lets you see how people turned out. It satisfies our morbid curiosity.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A group of my HS classmates were discussing this two days ago. A few went to the 10 yr. A few to the 20 yr. None of planned to go to the 30th a year ago. Since hooking up on FB we can't wait to get together. How much can you really leartn from someone over a few hours at a reunion. The best part is people I didn't hang around with in school are now really close friends. Time adds perspective. All those walls and cliques we formed have fallen by the wayside. We are just people now and it's great.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:50 PM on May. 13, 2010

• It might. I have friends that skipped our reunion in the days before Facebook. I expect we may have even worse turn out at our next reunion since many are now connecting via Facebook. I'd prefer the reunion because I prefer visiting face to face.
    Anonymous

• No---I have just a few family and friends on Facebook (on purpose...)....none from high school. I graduated 50 years ago,LOL. I will go to our reunion for sure! I am amazed at people who have hundreds of friends on Facebook and accept all the requests....not me. Facebook can be kind of risky.
    Anonymous

• I actually think it might make people want to come ...so they can see all these people that they only see through facebook. I will still go to mine.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:37 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree with Bridget
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:10 PM on May. 13, 2010