What about the people who came before Jesus?

If he died for everyone's sins...what about the sinful people who came before his birth? How were they saved if they were already dead?
If Eve created sin,(by falling for the evil ways of satan) was she forgiven?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 5:54 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont know, can you get "back forgivness", kind of like back child support lol? If god has existed before jesus and created adam and eve and is omnipotent and omnipresent it seems like he could work something out for those people.
    Anonymous

• Because back then God presented Himself more in that he actually spoke to people. He held them accountable. Before baptism, people didn't have the Holy Spirit within them. It was with baptism that that happened. No wonder the Israelites had so many problems in the desert! It is easier to have faith with the HS in you rather than around you. They were saved by living according to LAWS.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 6:09 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Death pays the wags of sin. THe debt is erased.. Its still like that today when a person dies.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:10 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I am so glad you asked this! In the second ressurection everyone who was not in the first ressurection, will be judged according to what they did with what they knew. No one was without knowledge of Yahweh and his laws. They will be judged by the law from which they died. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 6:19 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Death pays the wags of sin.

Then why did people need jesus to come and die FOR their sins?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:22 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Interesting. I guess I would wonder about all the basic organisms that were on earth before they evolved and became humans....That's millions of years and billions and trillions of people. Maybe.... I have a hard time with the whole thing--stories in the Bible,etc. They seem like somebody's wishful thinking.
    Anonymous

• On the third day he rose again. He made a few appearance and freed the souls of those who came before him.
    Anonymous

• I don't know why some people need him to come back for their sins. He will come back on judgement day but I don't believe we need him to come for our sins.
    Anonymous

• Then why did people need jesus to come and die FOR their sins?

it is a fulfillment of the prophecies
    Anonymous

• "it is a fulfillment of the prophecies "

What prophecies? And why then did he have to die for your sins if death pays the wage for sin in itself?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:28 PM on May. 13, 2010