I have an 8 months old baby with feedin problems it looks that she gets fool very fast I need some ideas on making her to gain weight.

she only weights 13 pounds, she is on the 24 calories formula , I would like to know if anyone has some ideas.

123supermom

Asked by 123supermom at 6:01 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she healthy and growing and learning well, or is she sickly and stopped growing and developing? That's important because some babies are just petite. They don't need to be fattened up if that is their body type. It would help posters if you gave that information.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:07 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Has she seen a specialist. I would recommend taking her to a GI.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 6:07 PM on May. 13, 2010

• It could be that she is just small, but I would see a Dr. about it just to rule out any problems. Better safe you know.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 6:08 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Are you giving her any solids? Stop the solids and only give her the high calorie formula - solids don't have the nutrition, and fill babies tummies so they don't take in as much formula as they need.
    Anonymous

• When my youngest ds turned 1, he was so petite that he was wearing 6 mo. clothing. The 9 - 12 mo. pants were very long and very big around the middle. I had to make all of his pants until he 3 yrs old. I had a difficult time finding any pants with drawstrings in them. He finally caught up to what boys his age should be height & weight wise when he turned 3. He is on the low side of both charts. The pediatrician told me that I shouldn't worry too much as long as he continues to gain weight & grow in height & reach all of the mile markers that babies at that age are supposed to reach. Example: sitting up, rolling over, crawling.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:52 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Weighing 13 pounds is fine for a 8 mo girl. My three sons were around 17 pounds at 12 months and my 18 mo grandson only weighs 20 pounds.

If your daughter isn't gaining or has lost that may be a problem. Since you are formula feeding you would need to see a doctor and a nutritionist. You want to rule out digestive diseases. The nutritionist will need to go over your child's diet.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:42 AM on May. 14, 2010