tubes tied and pregnant?

I had my tubes tied a year ago when I had my csection now I am a week late, always been very regular, should I worry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Health

• Take a test. A tubal is not 100% effective. I had my tubes tied 3 years ago, and around the 18 month mark I started getting irregular. I've had a year and a half of whacked out periods - I go as long as 8 weeks between, and I KNOW I'm not pregnant! Your body could just be getting out of sorts, but it's possible to be pregnant. The thing is, your chances of ectopic pregnancy are WAY higher with a tubal - so if you don't get your period, or get a positive test, or start having pain in your lower abdomen, get to your doctor immediately! An ectopic requires surgery and can kill you if not caught in time.
    Anonymous

• do a test - did you get your tubes cut or clamped - pregnancies can happen -when you are pregnant the tubes are dilated and floppy, and that is what they clamp. As your body goes back to normal, the tubes shrink down again and the clamps can be ineffective. If they were cut then your clever little body tries to mend the broken pathway, and it can build a bridge right back to the ovaries. It is unlikely but it does happen -my OBGYN did his thesis on post ligation/post vasectomy pregancy rates - 1 in 500 vasectomies and 1 in 100 ligations are unsuccessful.
    Good Luck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:33 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Take a test and go see a doctor. A ectopic pregnancy can happen and they are dangerous!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on May. 14, 2010