Is it just me....

or does it feel like playing with kids both is boring and seems to lower your IQ? I'm so bored playing with my 15mos daughter; its cute and I know she's learning but omg.

Maybe its just that I never get "adult" time. I have no friends (everyone is too busy and there's no where to meet people here), SO is at work or sleeping all the time, etc. Its just tough, especially since I quit smoking it feels like my life goes to baby, cleaning, cooking, and attending to my SO....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i hear ya. dont listen to wenona ... i feel like you do sometimes. i love being a mother, and most of the time its wonderful but sometimes i get into those moods where im just sick of it all and i get frustrated and just wish i could have someone to talk too and have some time to be ME instead of a mother and "house wife."
    do you have your mother around? thats how i get my breaks. my mom will watch my son for me and ill go out alone, or with my SO. theres nothing wrong with needing a break sometime and youll probably feel a lot better if you do.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:10 PM on May. 13, 2010

• So where do you live that there is NOWHERE to meet anyone? Sounds like you are not taking any inititive, you can't depend on other people to make you happy. If you're bored then do something about it.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 6:17 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I think it is just you. LOL.
    Anonymous

• Taking breaks from your kids is good and healthy. Can you invite other moms over? It isn't as refreshing as going out, but it might make you feel less isolated. I guess Wenona just thinks moms are supposed to suck it up and ignore their own well-being.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:19 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I hear ya! I agree with PURPULbutterfly. Sometimes I think I forget to breathe and I get so dizzy from being bored. But it gets more fun the older they get. The nice weather is almost here so there will be more things to do. Hang in there!!
    Anonymous

• It's not just you. Don't listen to all the negativity on here either. Not everyone enjoys the mommy groups and in some places there are not places to meet. There sure aren't any here. Moms deserve a life too. But it is easy to get on the net and pretend you're the perfect mother and never need any time away from the house.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 7:10 PM on May. 13, 2010