It's almost SUMMER VACATION of the kids!!! What are you doing for the summer?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 6:14 PM on May. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• CAMPING! We only got to go one time last year, but this year we are going as often as we can. Also my oldest (11) is going for a week with his grandparents to Washington DC and then he is also going to a sleep away camp for another week.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:20 PM on May. 13, 2010

• planning a trip to the Lego store, The aquarium and other fun stuff in Chicago. I will also be starting college so probably not going to do a ton of trips this year.

Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 6:37 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Getting fat and trying to stay cool! I'm 5 months pregnant right now so I'm going to have a long, hot summer.

We are going to the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester, NY this summer. Probably camping a couple of times. And we're going to Florida in 2 weeks to visit my parents. Other than that we'll play it by year.
    Anonymous

• I'll be raising TWO kids!!! I am ready to go into labor anyday now. :) :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:39 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Ohh the fun I have planned. I have my DD who is 2 1/2 and her brothers who are 9 1/2. We started our gardens inside a few weeks ago so we will be planting that in the yard soon and then tending to that. There are a few food festivals near me that we plan on taking them to. When we are home LOTS of arts and crafts and some learning time of course. Oh yeah and our at home water park we made with 2 blow up pools and sprinklers and child slides like with the hose going down for a water slid. Oh yeah 2 1/2 months of fun!!!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:07 PM on May. 13, 2010

• This summer will probably fly by. My youngest 2 sons graduate 5/27, my 19yo leaves for Army basic in July, my 18yo leaves for college in August, we have a graduation party planned for them on 6/12, we have a farewell/bday party planned my 19yo on 7/18 (his 20th bday will be on 8/17 while he's in basic), we have an "Off to college" party for my 18yo on Aug. 7 (he leaves the 14th) and then on Aug. 21 we're having an adults only "Woo Hoo The Nest Is Empty" party. We also have a family reunion in July, a union party in Aug.., a baseball game to go to with friends in June, a family trip to New Jersey/New York planned for mid-July and we have to go to our son's college on 8/24 to help him officially move in to his dorm (he goes 10 days earlier for football). Oh and at some point my other soldier son might come home for a visit because he leaves for Afghanistan in July or Aug.. It's going to be crazy hectic!

Anonymous

• Cross country road trip! My husband and I decided that It would be cheaper and a ton of fun to drive from seattle area to buffalo to my parents house. We have driven across the country before so we know what to expect. We are planning our stops and will be stopping to see some friends along the way so its really exciting!
    Casarah13

Answer by Casarah13 at 10:59 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Hopefully a few camping/fishing trips. My oldest is going to summer school, he's made so much progress with his speach I'm almost afraid for him not to go, and everything he's worked so hard at fall apart. And probably go to the pool alot lol
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 11:47 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Tons of stuff, we have a pool so we spend most of our time in that. We have a big garden we love to work in, then we freeze and can the fruits and veggies of our labors. We blueberry and peach pick in July and August, strawberry pick in June. We go to the zoo, the park, my SIL's farm to ride horses and have bon fires. My baby goes to kindergarden on Aug 21'st sniff! It will go by too fast.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:18 AM on May. 14, 2010

• casarah..That sounds soo fun. Have a great time and stay safe!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:43 AM on May. 14, 2010