Gift ideas??

My son is turning 2 soon and I am on a budget, i can afford a couple of things for him, but what items can you suggest that a 2 year old would have fun with? Budget for gifts is about 75.00 total. Thanks!

Littlem72

Asked by Littlem72 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hot Wheel cars were always a hit with my son (still are and he is 6). My 2yo daughter loves to build so mega blocks or wooden blocks (her new favorite) are a hit with her.

Fisher Price Little People are a hit with my 2yo, too. She got some of those to add to our huge collection for her 2nd birthday. I think I spent like $60 on her birthday and that's only because I got her a doll house. I usually spend about $20-$30 on birthday gifts for the kids. With 4 kids it adds up (and my total budget per kid for Christmas is $75).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My nephew loves the Bilibo I gave him! 

Mom2BugandBear

Answer by Mom2BugandBear at 2:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• We are also on a budget... and our son will be 2 in Oct. we are getting him the rug that has the roads and such on it and a bunch of hot wheels cars!! My son LOVES his cars and trucks... so thought it would be a good idea to get him the rug and cars!! The rug itself is $20 I think and then the cars are about $1-2 a piece and later on we will get him the carry along case for the cars! His daddy wants to get him a set of drums... but I think we will wait til his third birthday!! Good luck!!!!!!
    aydens_mama

Answer by aydens_mama at 2:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• get him some hot wheel, kids dont know money, nor do they care, my son is 3 1/2 and is just as happy about daddy surprising him with a couple of cars as he is any big toy you could buy him. Good Luck
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• my son is 2 1/2 and we have gooten him lots of hotwheel, and he collects them! he loves them he always carries with him a small bucket full of hotwheel, blocks are great!! my 6 yr old still plays with his a lot of times, and he's had them since he was 3!
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 2:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• An easel and drawing supplies they are about 25
    ilovemybananer

Answer by ilovemybananer at 3:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• At 2, Sam was really into sand toys and trucks. If you don't have a big Tonka, that is always a hit.
    carleysanchez

Answer by carleysanchez at 4:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2008