Have you ever bought something for yourself and hid it until later

I bought a purse I really wanted after telling my husband I would sell another one in order to get it. I haven't sold it yet but my coupon was getting ready to expire. And recently I have done some overtime so I felt like I deserved it no matter how dumb he thinks it is. I can't wait until the right time to bust that bad boy out of the closet. Am I the only one who does this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• No, I haven't done that. My husband wouldn't care either way though, he is the materialistic one, not me. He is surprised when I rarely splurge and get myself something.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:36 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I don't have to hide anything nor ask my hubby if I can buy whatever it is I want or need but I do anyways out of respect, he just tells me if you need it buy it if you want it get it (that's of course if all the bills are paid and all, I do all the bill paying and taking care of the checking account so it's always done)
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:36 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Sure! Not often, and not lately, but it's usually also nothing huge.
    Anonymous

• credit cardI used to but then after my divorce I didn't have to hide my purchases anymore. It was easier to get rid of the husband than to quit buying shoes and purses!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:05 PM on May. 13, 2010