How do i ask or even begin this conversation....Married or engaged? please help me out!!

Ok so, my boyfriend and I are going on 3 years being together and we have a almost 6month old daughter. For a VERY long time I have not discussed marriage with him, although I am already n the wife roll....stay at home mom, taking care of shopping, cleaning, cooking ect. I want to get engaged AT LEAST and its been suggested that I should maybe bring this topic up in a conversation with my boyfriend. But I am very nervous as to what he will say...we share EVERYTHING he knows the worst things about me and he still love me, I dont see a reason to rush into a wedding but i feel, i my heart that thisis the next step for us...HOW DO I BRING THIS UP? WHAT DO I SAY? IM SO NERVOUS!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Ask where the relationship is going and that you are tired of playing house.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 6:37 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree, Tell him 3 years & baby later its time to get serious. If he wants to keep playing house then he should take the next step. . .
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 6:46 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I would ask if he sees himself ever getting married. I would share that someday you would like to be. If he acts like he is clueless (most men play this act when they dont want to confrount something) You could ask where this realtionship is going and you would prefer to be married someday soon. or if you could have one of your big mouth friends like myself take all the pressure off you by saying to your boyfriend "So when are you two going finally get married already" lol
    Anonymous

• I would say, "Listen. I don't know how you feel about me and a future with me. Do you think of us as a family? Do you want us to be a family? Then I don't understand why you have made no steps to make it official. The only reason I can think of is that you don't see this working out. If that is the case I'd like to know now" You'll get your answer if you word it like that.
    Anonymous

• IF HE WERE TO SAY THAT HE DIDNT WANT TO MARRY ME I WOULD START TO PLAN GETTING OUT...ALTHOUGH WE HAVE A CHILD IM SUR EI MADE IT CLEAR THAT I WANTED TO BE MARRIED AT SOME POINT...NO MEANS, GOODBYE TO ME
    Anonymous

• I think it being 3 years and baby. There's no time like NOW! He has it made! "Why buy the cow when you're already getting the milk for free?"
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:45 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I'm in a very similar situation. We have a child who is almost 2 and we have been together for 7 1/2 years. We want to get married and mine was going to propose until we found that we were pregnant and postponed until things settled down. I know there are a lot of legal issues on our end, but if you want to know then just ask. If he says no then you can start to plan for your future elsewhere. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:28 PM on May. 13, 2010

• The legal rights that $50 piece of paper give you would cost thousands of dollars through a lawyer (just ask a gay couple with a child). Ask him when he wants to go to city hall with you, and make your partnership legal.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 PM on May. 13, 2010

• What did he say the other times you asked?
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:59 PM on May. 13, 2010