marry me?

My boyfriend has said he feels that marriage is just a way for the woman to get half of your stuff if you ever leave....he has a very negative connotaion of marriage and I dont know what to do because I really want to get married..how do you even begin to counter with someone who is totally negative about the thought of marriage...weve been together for 2 years now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• He just doesn't want to make a commitment. Does he even have enough money to really make an issue of it? If you don't want the same things for the future...well, you want different lives. He may not be the one for you.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:59 PM on May. 13, 2010

• You dont...so go find a guy who will treat you right and who wants to make a commitment. Start being happy, everyone deserves that
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 7:03 PM on May. 13, 2010

• He is making an excuse to not get married because he just doesn't want to get married. he probuly doesn't love you and love is a comitment and he doesn't want to commit
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 7:09 PM on May. 13, 2010

• RUN! If after 2 years, he doesn't trust that your marriage will be a LIFELONG commitment, and that you're not "in it for the money," then you DON'T need him!! Tell him his "stuff" can keep him warm at night!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:10 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree with everyone else, sounds like he doesnt want to commit. Doesnt sound like a good situation at all.
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:17 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I'm sorry, but you deserve to feel better and hapy about the relationship you are in. If he is saying that know, I can't see it changing. And you don't want anything like that hanging over your head. Find someone who loves you and wants to committ to you for the rest of his life. Good luck. There's a lid for every pot out there!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:39 PM on May. 13, 2010

• He's got trust issues and after 2 yrs. that's not gonna change.

Go find yourself one who fits your morals and goals in life.

Good luck :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:01 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Guys like him will never find happiness in marriage and even with the best person possible, would eventually force it (divorce) to the point of being a self fufilling prophesy. It gets worse as they get older. Trying to date in your 50's is like a season in hell. By that point, for many guy's it's all about money and once they get you committed to them they roll over and begin protecting themselves, financially. They'll gladly take your money though and try to convince you to integrate it into their investments.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 7:52 AM on May. 14, 2010