At what age do you think is appropriate for a sleep over?

MY daughter is 4 yrs old and wanted to go to her first sleep over. I am wondering if this is a little to early she can be a bit bossy. I just spoke to the Mother of the little girl she went by and she said our daughter is being a bit sassy the girls are going through waves of being good and then fighting. I am sure it is not all my daughter but I know she can be an instigator! We had this little girl over night about a month ago and they acted this way also then. Is it to soon or do we just have to try to teach them more to treat others nicer?

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 7:35 PM on May. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• i think that age is fine .. i think by allowing the sleepovers, she might start acting better because maybe she needs to be around kids more so that she starts realizing she cant be so bossy, needs to share, etc.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:39 PM on May. 13, 2010

• My son was fine to do it at that age. MOST little girls act like that whether it is a sleep over or not. And MOST will continue acting like that with each other until they are grown and should know better. If she isn't scared, then, I say let her go. Maybe she will learn how to not act like that from the experience.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:44 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I only allow sleepovers with my sisters or mother. I would never allow one at a friends house.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:04 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Mine was 6 and I thought it was a bit early...but he did fine :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:06 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Mine stays over at my friend's homes who all have kids. The children all vary in age and mine does great. She has been doing overnights since she was 2 weeks old. I have a lot of people who love and care about my child and wouldn't let anything happen to her.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:14 PM on May. 13, 2010