if you all can't agree on your beliefs in the same God, how can you expect to ever convince non believers to trust in your god?! Christians how would you answer this question?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I typed this on the other question too:
    You are not understanding. Where I come from and in my Christian beliefs, there are ESSENTIAL beliefs...ones that you must believe to be a true Christian, and NON ESSENTIAL beliefs...those that are subject to interpretation and do not determine your salvation.

Essential Belief: Jesus is the Son of God and died for our sins so that we may go to Heaven b/c I could not pay the price for my sins. This determines your salvation or lack of salvation.

Non essential beliefs: type of Baptism, who can be a pastor, certain commandments...basically anything that can be debated about the Bible and what it says...those things are things that we try our best to understand...but do not interfere with being saved.

Does that make sense. And also, I have no intention of convincing someone...I will tell you what I believe and why, God can handle the rest better than I EVER could!
    Anonymous

• It's not our job to convince anyone of anything. It is our job to share the "good news" but if you reject Christ, that's you exercising your free will.  If the evidence of God through his creation doesn't convince you nothing anyone else says will.

Anonymous

• We can't convince them to trust in God. It is a personal decision. Remember who is your struggle against...the enemy is a divider, confusier, brings doubt and distance people from coming to the Lord....Pray, pray, pray!!! "Be devoted to prayer" Colossians 4:2

Anonymous

• its not our god its GOD.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 8:34 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree with anons above. Nothing to add but agreement!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:43 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree with my many believing sisters with anything scriptural that can be proven from the book by the book. Anything added to it I do not agree with. My husband refers to me as a bible hugging Holy roller. I am sure others feel the same. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:26 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Op- I get your point and it is a great one. In fact all of this division in the churches is against Yahweh's word, but few pay heed to it. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:27 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Here is my proof- 1Corinthians 1:10; 1 Corinthians 3:1; Romans 16:17. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:45 PM on May. 13, 2010

• "its not our god its GOD."

NO, it's not my god, GOD is your god... I don't believe in your god - so to me it's just plain god.

Anonymous

• Daphna28 the bible is not proof of anything but that stories can be passed down and perverted, until they were finally put in print. It's not proof of anything else.

And, Doesn't your bible also say not to worship idols?? don't you all worship the bible like some kind of idol??

Anonymous