?

Me and my girls went out of town to visit my mother for Mother's Day and my partner will not let me and our girls stay an extra week to attend a family event on memorial day. We have been at my mother's for about 1wk now. He says that we agreed on a return time and should stick with it and he misses his daughters and can't be away from them that long. Do you agree with him or not?

novice2008

Asked by novice2008 at 8:12 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, i agree with him, if he misses his daughter and wants to see her, my dh wont even let me go out for over night cause he said he will miss us too much in the morning....just think how would you feel if he went away for a week and took you dd with him and then when the time was up for him to come back home decided that he was going to stay another week...im not bashing im just giving my opnion. me and my dh always do this when we want a question answered, we ask ourself how would we feel if the role was changed and it was me and not hm or him and not me, whatever the case may be!
    Anonymous

• I also feel he is in the right....you agreed on something and you have to keep that deal. Unless both of you agree to make a new one.

He wins!
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:42 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree with both the pervious post
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 8:49 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree with him.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:53 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree with him. The two of you discussed and agreed upon a date in which you and your children would return home. You should stick with your agreement.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 10:01 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I can see both sides.. I am real close with my mom so if I had the chance to stay longer to be with her I would like to do that...
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:18 PM on May. 13, 2010