if you have a vaginal delivery how do they tie your tubes?

DH and I want one more baby after that we are going to one of us get fixed. I wish him, but he wont so I am going to I guess, but I don't want them cutting me is there any other way to do it? I heard they can go through your vagina is that true? How do they do it?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:24 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A tubal is done by making a small incision in your abdomen and then cutting a piece out of the middle of the fallopian tubes. The ends are then caterized or tied to prevent them from rejoining. A tubal can also be done through the vagina but they are much harder to do so it's not the preferred method. A tubal can be done immediately after a vaginal or cesarean birth.

Parturition and/or breastfeeding does not cause menopause. Menopause is when the estrous cycles cease in a female.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 10:53 PM on May. 13, 2010

• After delivery they can just reach in and grab the tubes. They will probably wait like an hour or so after delivery, but it's easiest to do it after delivery rather than wait until the six week check up. Your OB can give you all the details.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:29 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Mine would not do it right after delivery. She would like us to wait a bit to make sure it wasn't just the wacked hormones talking.

So I got a very small incision right over my vulva.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:29 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I'll be honest I was supposed to have it done vaginally after delivery. However because the baby was breeched and in distress we opted for the c-section so it was really easy at that point. But from what I was told prior it would've been done an hour after delivery while everything was open. Like I said your OB can give you all the details.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:36 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Correction : over my pelvic bone...not my vulva...
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:38 PM on May. 13, 2010

• They do not do it after vaginal delivery--

it is done laproscopically it is a same day procedure-- if you breast feed do not do it until you are done breastfeeding many women go into menopause after the procedure. really if you have a vaginal have DH get snipped it is safer and more effective--

a tubal ligation is major surgery any way you look at it and a vastectomy is an in office 20 minute procedure he can even go to work the same day
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:40 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Wow, you've got some screwed up answers. Maybe some weirdo docs do, but for the most part, they do NOT go through your vagina - 2autistics is wrong. They WILL do it right after delivery - MELRN is wrong.

3 years ago, my 5th child was born vaginally, late at night. First thing the next morning, I went into surgery, the surgeon cut a very small incision on the lower rim of my belly button, and went in that way to tie my tubes. 9 years ago, my SIL gave birth to her 5th child, and 3 hours later was in surgery - the made 1 tiny incision over each tube area, and a 3rd in her belly button, and tied them that way.
    Anonymous

• Wow, MELRN is REALLY wrong - a tubal does NOT put you into menopause, it does NOT affect breastfeeding, none of those 3 things have anything to do with each other! Gosh. Seriously OP, ask your doctor about it, that's the best person to tell you how it's done.
    Anonymous

• wow after reading all of these diffrent answers I guess only one way to find out is to ask my doctor lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:44 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I'd ask a couple doctors. ^^^
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 9:46 PM on May. 13, 2010