Spoiled Milk?? !!!!

I gave my 5 yeaqr old son a sippy size cup of milk. And after awhile he threw up. I thought he had a bad tummy go lay down i will make some warm tea. I went to go finish my potatoe soup which i put the milk in also. And looked at the milk gallon on the counter, it looked curdled. i read the date it reads Sell By 04-07 in lil'lettrers it reads P03/26/10. help me read this right.. should i take him in??????????

Vmahoney

Asked by Vmahoney at 8:25 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• If he's doing ok there's no need to take him in. Chances are once he vomited he cleared his system. If you are highly concerned call his pediatrician and ask what he thinks the best thing to do is. Doctors really don't mind when you call them. They expect it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:32 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I don't think you need to take him in. If he already threw it up then I think the worst is probably over. He might get the runs and have a sore or yucky feeling tummy for a little while but he should be fine.
    If he develops a fever or keeps throwing up and having the runs after a couple of days then I would call his doctor. Our bodies are equipped to fight and reject things like this so I wouldn't rush him in to emerg or anything. Just keep an eye on him over the next couple of days.

Make sure he drinks lots of water to help flush things out
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 8:35 PM on May. 13, 2010

• unless it wasn't pasteurized milk,he's perfectly safe. He probably threw up from the taste,not from it not being safe.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:41 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I am sure he will be okay but if he is still sick after a while you might want to have him checked
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 12:04 AM on May. 14, 2010

• milk genrerally can last several days after the sell by date. Especially if it is the whole or 2 percent kind. If how ever it was curdled yep thats bad. But even yogurt says it is good up to 7 days after the sell by date. Call his ped but I'm sure he'll tell you to watch and wait.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:07 AM on May. 14, 2010