Am I a bad mom?

I'm 24 years old, and have an 8 month old baby...I was living with my mom up until this morning. When I was 8 month preg my bf broke up with me & my mom asked me to move back into her house. She kicked me out this am because I "disrupted her life". I went to social services and am now in a "shelter" of sorts. I go to school full-time and am going to have a job stating next Tuesday. I feel horrible because we are staying here. I guess it's not really that bad, I'm just not used to feeling like a "failure" & worthless...sorry for venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You're not a bad mom. It's not your fault your mom put you and your baby out in the streets. You are providing shelter for your baby-that's what good moms do. Good luck. I hope everything works out for you.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:54 PM on May. 13, 2010

• No your not a bad mom. But your mom is!
    Anonymous

• Where's the part where you beat the baby?

You haven't?

NOT a bad mom. Period.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:17 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Definately not a bad mom. Sometimes things like this happen and they are out of your control. As long as you are protecting & taking care of your baby, you are an excellent mom! It seems to me you have the resources to get out of the shelter in the near future so keep doing what you are doing mama! Keep your head up, I know how the shelter feels.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:03 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Definately not. You are froviding for and loving your child. Shelter or house, atleast your keeping your child fed, dry, happy and warm. You have to do with what you have. Alot of moms out there have more and give less to thier children. Be proud you are a loving mother doing the best she can in hard times...
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:24 AM on May. 14, 2010

• No, no, no.... You are not a bad mom. You are taking care of your child & yourself. You are getting a job to pay for your own way, and you're going to school to make a better life for you both. What's bad about that?? NOTHING.
    Sure, its going to take you a little while to get back on your feet, but you will be stronger in the end. And your baby will look up to her strong mommy who loves her so much :)
    ((HUGS))
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 2:22 AM on May. 14, 2010

• You don't give enough info to know if you are a bad mother. I think working and going to school would make someone a bad mom, never there. A good mom breastfeeds and is there for her baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on May. 14, 2010