Really ? Am I to blame for their money loss?

So we ( me, my husband, kids, my friend, her hubby and her kids) went "away" together this past weekend... before that happened my friend kept going back and forth on weither they were going or not...because they were trying to save money to pay for moving costs for their new house....... well they came to the conclusion that they would sell their Wii..since after they bought it, they only played it a few times and lost intrest...

OK..now brand new the Wii is only like $200 ( right?) ... well they wanted to sell is for $300, because they also had a pink controller & 3 extra games.... I kept telling her that it is very doubtful that anyone will pay that much for a used one... but she kept insisting that, that was the only way they could go away ... so I told her I would put it on craigslist for her ( she doesnt know how to use it) ..low and behold after a couple days someone said they would buy it ! * continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• But that they couldnt come get it until wednesday ( yesterday) ... well since they figured they were getting paid for it, then spent $300 this past weekend.... well the guy didint show up to pick the game up ( wouldnt answer emails) .........and now they are mad at me and say that I should pay them the $300 !!!

Anonymous

• Thats dumb. Its their fault for spending money they didnt have. You only put it on craigslist cause she didnt know how, shes retarded.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 9:06 PM on May. 13, 2010

• looks like they are placing blame on you for their mishandling of money, its not your fault and dont let them guilt you into giving them money... you didnt twist their arm and dont have control over their money. they need to accept responsibility for their own stupidity. as the old saying goes dont count your chickens b4 they hatch
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:08 PM on May. 13, 2010

• drop that friend...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:26 PM on May. 13, 2010

• not your fault, you don't need a friend like that. That was their own fault for spending money they didn't actually have yet.
    Anonymous

• Not your fault they spent money they could not afford to spend.
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 9:58 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Not your fault, don't let them bully you into giving them money, they were dumb to do what they did, and they're not being good friends. Drop them. Delete the listing.
    Anonymous

• Ditto to all the other PPs- You are just the unlucky one who got stuck in the middle. IMO, your "friend" is looking for someone else to pass the blame to. She doesn't want to take responsibility for her own actions, so guess what? Shoot the messenger.
    If I were you, I would forward her every email that you sent & received with that guy that was supposed to buy it to show her that your side is legit. Tell her you don't want to hear from her again unless it is an apology.
    Good luck :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 2:20 AM on May. 14, 2010