My husband is sooooo boring.....

I have a great man! Hardworking, good father and partner in life. We both work full time. I'm 32 and he's 45, been together since I was 19, married for 6 years. We have 2 sons, ages 7 and an 8 month old baby. I work in corporate America, he is a blue collar worker. We are both dedicated parents, spend all of our free time with our kids, we have date night about every 2 months. Thing is he is boring me on a regular basis. I like to be free and have fun after the kids r in bed. He'd rather scrub the kitchen clean (mind u we have a housekeeper) and then fall asleep.Life is serious enough as it is..I'd like to unwind with some fun with him on a regular basis. I've talked to him, he agrees, things change for a little while then fall back into a rut! I'm sooo sick of this! Mature advice needed!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• You've known him for 13 years. Is this a surprise?
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 9:13 PM on May. 13, 2010

• After being with him for such a long time it seems that this is something about him you'll have to come to accept. Some people are just like this.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:17 PM on May. 13, 2010

• OP-Yes because it hasn't always been this way....I fell in love with an exciting man! Things changed over the last 5 years or so...
    Anonymous

• my husband is the same way so i have to get a lil pushy and make him drop everything to have a lil fun, and as always he tells me he needed that. he gets in the mind set that things have to be done right here right now then he is too tired to do anything else..im a gemini and he is a taurus...so you can imagine the difference in our personality. im carefree and flitty and he is stubborn and hardworking
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:18 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree w/ cristinaberger. He probably didn't turn boring over night? If he did, it's a problem. But if not, you can't really fault him for something you've known all along.

If he want's to scrub the floors, let him!
    And go find out, what you would like to do - he can't be responsible for your happiness.

I know it's easier said than done, and that it's fustrating, but you can't just expect him to change.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:21 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Just be the one who says "Ok we are going to do this____ now"..."Honey come here I'm ready for ____"
    Anonymous

• OP here...just an FYI, I am not trying to change him. He wasn't this way when I met him. I think he easily fallen into a rut or our age difference is catchin up to us. To be honest I'm tired of being the one who always tries to "fix things"
    Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

• ...He's 45. What did you expect? Men are at their prime in their 20s and it starts fading- and I don't just mean sexually. They just mellow out. We women don't usually hit our stride until our 30s, so really, it's probably age difference catching up.
    Anonymous