How to get my daughter to listen to me?

I work long hours at work. When I get home I have a short time to eat then play with her if I can and then she has to go to bed. Everytime we try to help with her homework she has the biggest attiude about it. Throughs her paper or pen and says I dont know what Im talking about. I dont know what else and how to take her anymore. I need help and what I should do?

trry_nly

Asked by trry_nly at 10:04 PM on May. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You obviously have a discipline problem. She should not be allowed to speak to you that way or act out.

Tell her, if she does it again you will ____ (whatever punishment you'll give her), and then follow through w/ it.

(time-out, grounding, spanking (if you believe in that), not allowed to watch her shows, taking favorite toys away, etc.)

Good Luck mamma :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:16 PM on May. 13, 2010

• It's disciplinary. She also probably resents you for never being there, if you only have time to eat and spend a little bit of time with her.
    Anonymous

• She may be lashing out because of the fact that she doesn't get a lot of time with you. Make an effort to set aside time, just for you and her. Continue to try to bond and help her. If her behavior STILL doesn't change, take away all her extras and tell her to straighten up or suffer the repercussions.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:43 PM on May. 14, 2010