How do I get my 7 year old to stop having accidents?

My daughter has been potty training since she was two years old. At first she didnt like going poopy in the potty but would pee. We tried everything, rewarding her with treats for going poopy in the potty, a chart to earn bigger rewards like special trips or toys she wanted. We tried taking away things that she consistently has accidents while doing. But she didnt want to do it because it was boring. We tried giving her books or games to play while she went, going in there with her and reading with her. Anything that we thought might help. We finally were able to work with the doctor (this is causing health problems as well with her getting impacted when she refuses to go), and she was doing well, having no accidents for almost 4 months straight. She would not go on her own though. Now she just stopped again. Has accidents daily, home and school, pee and poop. Please help.

tiggerwest

Asked by tiggerwest at 10:06 PM on May. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A good spanking should do the trick. This is obviously entertainment for her. But I commend you on your patience.
    Ronique1989

Answer by Ronique1989 at 10:38 PM on May. 13, 2010

• wow....my son was extremely hard to train and he use to get severely conmstipated so that made traing for poop even more difficult but even him at age 6 rarely has accidents. He pees the bed every now and then and I would be taking her to the doc becuase this is not normal. Its either a behavioral thing or medical either way you need to get it fixed. She is going to be made fun of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on May. 14, 2010

• at 7 I'd see if there is a medical condition first before I resort to harsh methods.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:57 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Take her back to the dr, maybe get a referral to a psychologist. Her school mates will pick on her if she has an accident so if she's willing to pee herself at school and put up with that then there's a deeper issue. It's hard but don't listen to the people who suggest hitting her. Abusing her is not going to solve anything.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:50 PM on May. 14, 2010