What to do while at the gym!!???

Last year we joined the YMCA, we went, got the tour.. Never went back.. I felt so silly cause I felt clueless of what to do!
Well, Im really wanting to rejoin again.... Anyone have any advice? How do you know what to do? Whats your "program"..

Im 215lbs ... so i even feel worse going into the gym.. I feel like the uhh elephant in the room that doesnt know where to go or what to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i usually do 45-60 min of cardio (elliptical/tredmill), and then i do at least one arm machine, one ab machine, one leg machine .. at least one, but i might 2 or whatever. if theres a pool, i love to swim laps. i love steam rooms & jacuzzi's too.
    i agree that cardio is most important for you too, but you should still do some strength training to build muscle, because muscle eats fat. cardio just burns fat.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:42 PM on May. 13, 2010

• CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO. My husband swears by it and he is damn fine. Lol
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:17 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Cardio. Once you drop some pounds then off to the weights. You'll have to have someone show you around. Those machines can be confusing.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:38 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Do they have Yoga and Pilates classes? They are GREAT!!!! You can do it---there are no right or wrong moves in those classes, no competition, just fitness and relaxation ...strength,too.
    Anonymous