• In the Spotlight:

Music you listen to that isn't played on the radio.....

I love discovering new music, especially if it's not played on the radio.

I love Ani Difranco. Catherine Feeney. Damien Rice. Brandi Carlile.

Who do you listen to that isn't mainstream music?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• listen toooo..

Coco rosie~werewolf

air~playground love

catpower~troubled waters

florence and the machine~howl

plumb~damaged

I have many more but my brain has gone dead atm haha
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:41 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I really don't know what is played on radio anymore. I never listen to it. I listen to hard rock and metal and I suppose a lot of it probably does get played on the state's one and only rock radio station but like I said I don't listent to radio anymore. I go to local shows and even the bigger bands who come to the smaller venues have a local opener so that's how I get myself exposed to new music.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 10:51 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Oooh, Damien Rice is a good one. If you like him, you'd probably like Beirut - you can hear some songs at http://www.beirutband.com/ their song "Elephant Gun" is my favorite.

Um, who else? Sufjan Stevens, and Starts, are also rad in an orchestral sort of way.

Sondre Lerche, Pedro the Lion, Jenny Lewis, Iron and Wine, Imogen Heap. 

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:52 PM on May. 13, 2010

• the life and times, the books, fugazi, jaga jazzist, and so i watch you from afar, the mercury program, dirty three, portishead, built to spill, modest mouse, sufjan stevens, clem snide, wilco, juno, the avett brothers, bjork, shiner, the smiths, egg hunt, the slackers, the specials, bright eyes, neva dinova, no knife, tom waits, porno for pyros, shudder to think, minus the bear, 31knots, castor, canyon, aloha. radiohead, faith no more, mr. bungle, elbow, so much more...
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 10:53 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Old Crow Medicine Show!!!! Wagon Wheel and Down Home Girl--love those songs
    Anonymous

• A lot - Opeth, Katatonia, Lacuna Coil, Metric, Charlotte Martin, Leaves' Eyes, The Pierces, She Wants Revenge, Slightly Stoopid, Uh Huh Her, Washed Out, Broken Bells, Hot Chip, Within Temptation.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:59 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I listen to kerli, emilie autumn.. and horrorcore [icp, twiztid, esham, and whatnot.. but I only play them with my headphones on.. my son don't need to listen to the songs.. only kerli ;] she's awesome
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:02 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Check out Jim Bianco. I think you can Google him, but he may be on iTunes by now. I used to know him when I lived in LA and he's had some moderate success. I just love his music.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:39 PM on May. 13, 2010

• another one Is emilliana torrini to be free...i get lost in that song lol...basshunter all i ever wanted and now your gone
    chaka demus murder she wrote

mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:07 PM on May. 14, 2010